Body Mechanics Physical Therapy Staff
Dr. Ayres treats a broad cross section of patients and specializes in treating injuries to the shoulder and upper extremities, pelvic girdle and spine, and the foot and ankle. She has a great deal of experience treating patients with overuse conditions of the arms, wrists, and hands. Currently, she is pursuing continued education in manual therapy.
Prior to her physical therapy training, Dr. Ayres spent her early years on a farm and has traveled the world extensively. In her spare time, she continues to travel from near to far and to learn new leisure activities.
- Bachelor of Arts in History, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Master of Physical Therapy, Shenandoah University, Winchester, Virginia
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Shenandoah University, Winchester, Virginia
Physical Therapy Background Research
- “Plantar Fascitis: The Effect of Soft Tissue Mobilization on Pain and Function”
- “Documenting Innominate Superior Shear Dysfunction and Efficacy of
Limited Treatment on Pain and Function”
- “The Effects of Strengthening on a Patient with Chronic Lyme Disease: A Case Report”
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Virginia Physical Therapy Association